Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Great Success!

Someone was listening to me! After nine years, yes, that's right, NINE YEARS, America is going to build an offshore wind farm! As much as I'd like to take some credit for this, it has been in the making since I was 15 years old. I'll step away from the pedestal, but this is reason to celebrate.

Nevertheless, we cannot rest. We have a long way to go. And yet, there is still more encouraging news. Our seemingly broken and almost completely partisan government may have gotten the ball rolling on a green energy bill. Senators Joe Lieberman (independent), John Kerry (Democrat) and Lindsay Graham (Republican) have sat down together and agreed on something important for the future of our country. Is that a novelty or what?

Rejoice, America. We may yet save our economy and our planet. Now, go check out the Pickens Plan. Smart people are doing big things and we need to support this effort. Three cheers for America and three cheers for Mother Earth! I smile as I write that America got a little bit better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment