Saturday, April 3, 2010

Checking in and looking forward

It's been a week and I didn't want to leave you hanging. It seems like things have settled down a little bit in the wake of the health care upheaval. I'm optimistic that people have started to actually examine the new law and they realize that it is going to help them and help America.

There is still work to be done. We must continue to reinvest in America. We must continue to make our nation stronger. We need to focus on education and alternative energy and we need to do it quickly.

As Americans, we find ourselves in an awkward position. Despite being the best country in the world and the world's strongest economy, we are slipping behind in an important race, the race to secure our future. Their are some who, understandably, cling to the status quo. The status quo I'm talking about is our reliability on energy sources that are expensive and dirty. While we funnel money to the Middle East and dirty up the air, China is producing wind turbines.

Let's get it together and let's get it together right now. I fail to understand why there is a debate on this. If you can lay out an argument for why we should keep buying oil from Saudi Arabia while other countries pass us by with the technology of the future then, well then I don't think you understand the predicament we find ourselves in. Many people agree with me on this and it's time we make our voices heard. Smart and important people are saying the same thing I am, let's invest in our future; let's create jobs; let's keep the Earth clean. I suggest you check out the Pickens Plan. Nothing like someone who has made millions in oil taking a stand to improve our country. I applaud him and I believe strongly in this cause. I don't believe in prophets, but I'm going to look like Nostradamus on this one and as a true patriot, I don't want America to miss the boat.

Let's make America better today. Let's make the tough decisions, the ones that may be unpopular, but the ones that put us on the path to economic recovery as well as economic and environmental sustainability. Support the people who are willing to take these steps. Support meassures that invest American money and ingenuity in a bright future, you know, one in which we can see the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment