Monday, May 10, 2010

Politics on Pause

This could be a post about the Party of No and how they've boycotted making improvements to our country thus leading to a political pause.

I'm going to lay off bashing the bad guys today to talk about a much happier phenomenon, one for which I don't have a name.

It has become fashionable lately for people to plan public dances and spontaneously unleash them on unsuspecting bystanders. Check out the scenes in Oxford, MS; Brussels, Belgium; and London, England.

These videos made me laugh and they made me smile. A world in which people can perform surprise public dances for the entertainment of random people is a world worth living in, and signals to me that, despite our problems, we're moving forward. I'm happy this coincides with a movement like the Tea Party so that the world's idiots are balanced by the world's choreographers.

So I'm writing today to encourage any and everyone to take part in a "spontaneous" dance performance if the opportunity ever presents itself. Spontaneity and dance are a great combination and anyone who wouldn't enjoy seeing such an outbreak in real life needs to pull their head out of their butt and take in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment