Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good Morning USA

Good Morning USA and welcome to my blog. This is my first experience blogging and I'm very excited about it. The purpose of this blog is to share with you my thoughts on our great nation, the United States of America and more importantly, how we can make it better.

I don't consider myself very different from most Americans. I love my country. I think it is the greatest place in the world and I'm proud to be an American. Recently, however, I've noticed a rather unsettling trend. Many professed patriots seem to be taking steps to ensure that America does not remain the greatest nation on the planet. In fact many of these people seem to be doing things that will make America worse rather than better.

This scares me. Even if these people are a small minority, which I believe they are, they are an increasingly vocal one and their ideas seem to pervade the lives of even the most sensible of us.
Unlike some people who love America just as much as I do, I tend to believe the best way to make sure that America stays great is to solve the problems we face rather than cover them up. I believe in making tough decisions, even when the are unpopular and I believe in the importance of supplying people with accurate information rather than misinformation or even worse outright lies.

Therefore I will blog about the things I see, hear and read and attempt to sort them out. Perhaps you don't need me to do this for you. Perhaps you will disagree with what I have to say, but I am committed to the truth and I am committed to an America that is not only the greatest country in the world, but a greater country than it is currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment